Meet Our Team
Our Breast Surgeons
Our breast surgeons are board-certified and fellowship-trained. They specialize in all types of breast surgery and provide a full range of surgical services to treat both cancerous and non-cancerous breast tumors.
Our Plastic Reconstructive Surgeons
Our plastic reconstructive surgeons are board-certified and fellowship-trained, and specialize in plastic and reconstructive surgery. They work closely with AAMG breast surgeons, medical oncologists, radiation oncologists and radiologists, so you have a comprehensive team with advanced training in surgical oncology and breast surgery.
Our Nurse Navigators
Our nurse navigators’ goal is to ease the burden of cancer treatment for our patients. They help patients understand complex care plans, coordinate treatment and communicate with the team of providers.
Our Nurse Practitioners and Physicians Assistants
A coordinated team of professionals handles your care at The Breast Center, from initial contact through annual mammograms or necessary treatments. Physician assistants and nurse practitioners manage patient care throughout the surgical phase of treatment. Then patients are followed on an ongoing basis including clinical exams and breast imaging.
Our Comprehensive Team Approach
At the Rebecca Fortney Breast Center, we take a comprehensive team approach in order to put patients first and deliver personalized care. Our team includes:
- Board-certified breast surgeons
- Board-certified plastic reconstructive surgeons
- Board-certified hematology-oncology specialists
- Board-certified radiation oncologists along with a team of therapists, physicists and oncology nurses
- Rehabilitation/lymphedema physical therapists, speech language pathologists, nurses, nutritionists and social workers
- Nurse navigators
- Nurse practitioners and physician assistants
To help you during treatment, AAMC provides a number of resources for you and your loved ones. Our support services include:
- Genetic counseling (high-risk program)
- Lymphedema therapy
- Rehabilitation pre and post surgery
- Nutrition services
- Nurse navigators
- Palliative care
- Smoking cessation
- Psychosocial counseling
- Spiritual care
- Support groups
- Financial navigation